If we’re serious about anything, it's our two Tier 1 data centers. Our primary data center is in sunny Orlando, Florida, our secondary data center is in peachy Atlanta, Georgia and our third is in Sayreville, New Jersey.
Both data centers feature everything you need in a secure and efficient data storage environment, including:
- on-site staff,
- robust security,
- 24/7/365 monitoring,
- the latest in environmental controls,
- three-day power backup, and
- redundant connections from Level3 and Time Warner.
With these superb features, our data centers protect, save, and serve your data.
Redundant Tier 1 connections ensure that our network will not fail. No way! And utilizing BGP, our routers pick the best path from your network to ours. This means that in the unlikely event that any of our redundant circuits fail, you can be sure that your Internet presence will be unaffected.
All of our network equipment and circuits — every last piece — are monitored 24/7/365. If something seems even the tiniest bit awry, our on-call engineers are on it to thwart any potential problems. If an outage does manage to sneak by, be assured that it will be handled promptly and shown no mercy.
Want to see one or both data centers for yourself? or
take a right from the comfort of your desk.
The detailed specifications
Each of our state-of-the-art data centers features:
- Fire suppression equipment and protocols
- Generators with 3-day fuel capacities
- 24-hour battery backups on full load
- Card access only with monitored security cameras
- Available AC and DC power feeds
- Optimal spacing configurations
- Locking 19” cabinets
- Full, 1/2, 1/3 or 1/4 locking or open cabinets
- Floor space available by the square foot
- Carrier-neutral facilities
- Multi-homed network
- Industry leading service level agreement (SLA)
- 24/7/365 network monitoring
- 24/7/365 monitoring for power availability, temperature and environmental
control, and the security integrity
- Multiple POEs (points of entry) for fiber, electricity, and generator
inputs for 100% uptime
- Carrier-neutral facility
UPS and power battery backup
Both the Orlando and Atlanta data centers have uninterruptible power supply units (UPS) with up to 24 hours of battery reserve at full load. In the event of a power outage these operate until emergency generator power is available — meaning the possibility of power failure is virtually non-existent, down to the lowest level. The UPS provides A and B power feeds to the dual feed power distribution unit (PDU). Say what? Say, "All power, all the time!"
Each backup generator is a diesel Caterpillar that can maintain emergency power for up to 72 hours — that's three full days of power! As insurance for that, we have contracts with multiple fuel vendors to make sure our little darlins' don't go hungry. We test them on a rigorous preventative maintenance schedule (and their multiplication tables). Plus, they're routinely inspected by a team of experienced service technicians. Of all the generators in all of Florida and Georgia, we're betting these are the happiest!
Security & Monitoring
The security of our data center is something we don't take lightly. Multiple levels of security at both locations ensure that
- every door is secured with either key card access or a combination lock;
- there are several checkpoints between physical entry to the building and access to the racks;
- video surveillance cameras are located inside the building recording all activity around the clock, every day of every year;
- each cabinet is individually secured with combination locks;
- we escort every customer while in the building; and
- we've got a pack of Dobermans roaming the facility.
Well, we don't really have wandering Dobermans, but with security like ours you don't need them.
So if you're worried about the security of our data center, don't be. We've thought of everything!
Both facilities are cooled by HVAC units that provide chilled water to Liebert air handling units. These units are capable of keeping air temperatures at 70 degrees or below, all the time. The data center is also equipped with monitoring and alarm notification for temperature, humidity, and air-flow fluctuations. If something even begins to start to look like it's going to go wrong, we're on it.
As you can see, your data and equipment are safe with Spiderhost! Contact us today so you can begin enjoying the benefits of Spiderhost data centers!